Cookies help ugofordogs.com work better and provide lots of help in the background to make the process of being a moo.com customer a lot easier. You’d miss a lot of these things if they were gone – like it being easy to log in and move from page to page, and things staying in your cart while you go off and look at other pages. Other cookies collect information about how visitors use ugofordog.com, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and used to improve how ugofordogs.com works.
There are also cookies that allow ugofordogs.com to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. There are cookies that collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising delivered to you more relevant to you and your interests. They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
When you use ugofordogs.com, your device or browser may be sent cookies from third parties, for example when using embedded content and social network links. It’s important for you to know that we have no access to or control over cookies used by these companies or third-party websites. We suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
- random unique code: this has the purpose of speeding up the navigation of the site; it is a session cookie, which expires at the end of each navigation session.
- _ga: is used to collect anonymous data on site access statistics via Google Analytics, duration: 2 years.
- _gid: is used to collect anonymous data on site access statistics via Google Analytics, duration: 24 hours.
1. Disclosures of your personal data
– Suppliers and service providers (such as technology service providers, payment processing and fraud prevention providers, manufacturers and post and courier services);
– auditors and professional advisers like bankers, lawyers, accountants and insurers; and government, regulators and law enforcement.
We share personal data with the following specific third parties:
We also share data with third parties connected to advertising, retargeting and analytics. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
2. Payment information
ugofordogs.com uses third party payment processors to process payments made for products via the Website. All online payments and your billing information (which is only used by these payment processors for the purpose of performing fraud protection) is encrypted before being communicated to the third party payments processors. Subject to the below exceptions, your credit card details are communicated directly from your browser to these payment processors – ugofordogs.com never (ever!) sees your full Permanent Account Number (PAN). This means that the payment form is either off-site or displayed in a frame on the payment page.
If on the payment page you have requested that your card details be remembered (it’s such a timesaver!) and the payment was successful, Ugofordogs stores the card type, a Masked PAN (only the first 6 and last 4 digits) and the card’s expiry date as well as an associated token. We store this information so that you and we can identify your stored card and use it for further payments at ugofordogs.com. We also store separately the last 4 digits and card type so that we can identify transactions made by a particular card.
For PayPal we only store the tokens required to identify the transaction with PayPal, issue refunds and identify transactions made using PayPal.
3. Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
4. Third-party links
5. Data retention
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data; see Your legal rights below for further information. In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
6. Your legal rights
If the General Data Protection Regulation applies to you because you are in the European Union, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
– The right of access – that’s a right to make what’s known as a ‘data subject access request’ for copy of the personal data we hold about you;
– The right to rectification – that’s a right to make us correct personal data about you that may be incomplete or inaccurate;
– The right to erasure – that’s also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’ where in certain circumstances you can ask us to delete the personal data we have about you (unless there’s an overriding legal reason we need to keep it);
– The right to restrict processing – that’s a right for you in certain circumstances to ask us to suspend processing personal data;
– The right to data portability – that’s a right for you to ask us for a copy of your personal data in a common format (for example, a .csv file);
– The right to object – that’s a right for you to object to us processing your personal data (for example, if you object to us processing your data for direct marketing); and Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – that’s a right you have for us to be transparent about any profiling we do, or any automated decision making.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
7. A little request from MOO to you
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. You can do this by updating your account. Thank you.