2. Our website
Our website at ugofordogs.com sells bags and accessories which are aimed at dogs’ owners – with particular focus on long back dogs. This website is not intended for children, and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. ugofordogs.com has a legal entity:
Atelier AC sas, located at: 6, rue Sainte Victoire – 78000 Versailles, Ile de France – France.
Atelier AC sas is the data controller responsible for this website and any handling of personal data carried out by or on behalf of ugofordogs.com. Atelier AC sas is a data controller for any handling of personal data carried out by or on behalf of “Ugo for dogs”.
3. Personal data which we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We collect a set of information about our wonderful customers (you!) and visitors to the “Ugo for dogs” for dogs website. This personal data falls into these categories:
- Identity Data includes title, first name, last name, username or similar identifier, your dog race, his name and his date of birth and an encrypted version of your login/password. If you interact with us through social media, this may include your social media username.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, preferences, feedback and survey responses, as well as any profile data.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Tracking Data includes information we or others collect about you from cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as web beacons, pixels, and mobile identifiers.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences. Remember, if you choose not to share personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide the products and services you’ve asked for.
4. How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by email or through chat or social media.
This includes personal data you provide when you:
- sign up to receive the “Ugo for dogs” newsletter;
- make enquiries or request information be sent to you;
- create an account on our website;
- order our products;
- ask for marketing to be sent to you;
- engage with us on social media;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- contact customer services; or
- leave comments or reviews on our products or services (please be kind!).
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with us, including via the ugofordogs.com website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We may also collect Tracking Data when you use our website, or when you click on one of our adverts (including those shown on third party websites). Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various types of third parties, including:
- Technical Data and/or Tracking Data from analytics providers, advertising networks and search information providers;
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of payment and fraud prevention services;
- Identity and Contact Data from data partners; and
- Data from any third parties who are permitted by law or have your permission to share your personal data with us, such as via social media or review sites
5. How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
– Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you. For example, when you purchase our products, that’s a contract.
– Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. For example, when we carry out fraud screening as part of the check-out process.
– Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. For example, keeping records of our sales for tax compliance.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than where the law requires it, for example in relation to sending certain direct marketing communications. Where our legal basis is consent, you have the right to withdraw consent any time. See Explaining the legal bases we rely on to process personal data to find out more about the types of lawful basis that we will rely on to process your personal data.
6. Advertising, marketing and your communications preferences
On our website, we always try hard to make it really clear what we are doing and what communications you will be sent, whether it’s you deciding to sign up to the Newsletter or as part of creating an account or the purchase journey – and you have a right at any time to change your mind and opt out (but we’d be really sorry to see you go, so please gives us a chance by fine tuning your preferences before really leaving us!). The easiest way to opt out is to use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the communication. We use Tracking Data to deliver relevant online advertising, including via websites and social media. Tracking Data, and in particular cookies, help us to deliver website and social advertising that we believe is most relevant to you and to potential new customers of ugofordogs.com.
Cookies can also tell us if you have seen a specific advert, and how long it has been since you have seen it. This is helpful, because it means we can control the effectiveness of our adverts and control the number of times people might be shown our adverts (you know, before we risk become annoying). Cookies also help us understand if you’ve opened our newsletter because we don’t want to send you things you don’t read.
Almost all the cookies that relate to advertising are part of third party online advertising networks. We do not control cookies which are set by advertising networks.